Employee Relations - Contracts Exempt From Civil Service Approval
Department of Education
- For teacher assessments and assessment training for the La Teacher Assessment Program for New Teachers.      3/9/98
- Government contracts with parish school systems to provide at-risk 4-yr old children with full-day preschool programs.      3/9/98
- Social services contracts with various churches and organizations to provide after-school tutorial services.      3/9/98
- Contracts with Parish school boards and colleges/universities to operate Home Instruction Program for Pre-School Youngsters (HIPPY).      02/17/99
- Contracts with Parish school boards and colleges/universities to act as fiscal agents for regional service centers (RSC).      02/17/99
- Cooperative Endeavor Agreements for:      09/30/99
- New Orleans Drug Education Intervention Program that provides one-on-one tutoring and homework instruction for students in basic skills, critical thinking, and homework.
- New Orleans YMCA Literacy to help YMCA's Goodwill Industries acquire a better understanding of the state of literacy in La., analyze local literacy conditions and existing services.
- Serenity 67 Program to provide skills that enable clients to achieve a higher level of self-sufficent independence and employability.
- Central City Adult Education Program to provide a basic education and GED preparation program.
- North Baton Rouge Tutorial Program to purchase additional materials and supplies and to upgrade computer software and hardware for the tutorial needs of at-risk young people who may be able to receive tutorial services.
- 12th Ward Save OUr Community - Milan Reading Center - To complement the existing educational system, assist teachers, involve the community and motivate students.
- Volunteer Instuctors Teaching Adults "VITA" - To promote literacy in Lafayette Parish and surrounding parishes by providing tutoring services free of charge to undereducated adults.
- G.T. Services, Inc. - Provided services aimed at improving youth academic success on standardized tests via ACT study sessions and tutoring.
- Governor's Program for Gifted Children - Six-week residential program for talented/gifted students in grades 6-10.
- Spanish Arts Program - To provide classes in Spanish as a second language, theater, broadcasting, voice, and dancing to community members in the greater New Orleans Metropolitan area.
- CARE Unlimited, Inc. - Bridge Program - Provide continuing education to teenagers who are at risk of disrupting or discontinuing their education to give birth.
- Very Special Arts Program - Provide additional art programs.
- Lincoln Parish School Board Job Skills Program - Establish, build and operate a public alternative school for at-risk youth known as the Lincoln Parish Career Center Alternative School Program.
- Natchitoches Parish School Board Job Skills Program - To provide salaries and benefits for two teachers and one paraprofessional at the Natchitoches Alternative School. Remaining funds are used to buy supplies and equipment.
- Avoyelles Parish School Board Ag Science Regional Pilot Program - Startup costs for the La. High School for Agricultural Science, a regional pilot program for six school systems, for teacher training, books, supplies, curriculum development and other expenses.
- LSU - La. State Youth Opportunities Unlimited (LSYOU) - To continue, update and expand the services of La. State Youth Opportunities Unlimited Program with an emphasis on research, replication, update technology and mentoring.
- Future's Foundation - Student referral program for students suspended from Caddo Parish school system.
- Tri-Communities, Inc. - Teachers/tutors and assistants to assist students in daily review and completion of homework assignments and other activities. Operated five days a week, including a summer enrichment program.
- TANF cooperative endeavors and social service contracts for after school programs for at-risk students.
- INCLASS Assistance Program awarded for the LA Quality Education Support Fund - 8(g).      07/06/00